a clear day
Copy & Paste This Code:
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Decades of love that give me hope...
And we're back... a lot of stuff going on since I last posted... Will's gonna be 1 in 2 weeks, wow! I'll post about that soon. Tonight I want to try and express a little appreciation to my folks. On June 5, 1966, Larry and Phyllis Hodge started a journey that reaches it's 46th year today. Let me say that again. Forty six years. In a day and time where about half of all marriages take the "easy" way out, I'm proud to say my parents have done a bit more than stick it out. Not too many people I know have that sort of example. I do know some, just not a lot. I'm only the husband and father I am because of the example my father set. I try to be as caring and loyal as possible thanks to the greatest teacher I've ever had, my mother. I'm overly blessed to have had the best situation, for me, that I could have had growing up. Not the richest or prettiest. The best. In closing, just a side note... The Jeana and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary tomorrow. Her parents will celebrate their 30th on Will's birthday. (busy month when you add in father's day and The Jeana's and my father's birthday) All said, we've got two very good examples to lean on when we need to. Mom and Dad, thank you for everything. Those words will never be enough, but those plus some meager attempts at showing you are all I have. Here's to many, many more. I love you both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment